Templar Pilgrimage Trust (OTJ) Privacy Notice
Our contact details
TPT is a small charity, operating on a not-for-profit basis. We only process information necessary (i) to establish or maintain support for the charity and (ii) to provide or administer activities for people who are members or beneficiaries of the organisation or who have regular contact with it. As such, we are not required to pay a data protection fee.
We aim to follow the principles of the UK General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) and best practice for information management.
We currently collect and process the following information:
· names and contact details
· financial details
We only process information:
· necessary to establish or maintain membership or support
· necessary to provide or administer activities for people who are members or beneficiaries of the organisation or have regular contact with it;
· about individuals whose data we need to process for these exempt purposes
Obtaining information and reasons for obtaining it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly for one of the following reasons:
· to maintain a register of Trustees
· to keep people informed about TPT and its activities
· to consider making and (if approved) to pay grants to beneficiaries
· to process donations to TPT
We do not receive personal information indirectly.
Under GDPR, the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
· we have consent, which can be removed at any time by contacting us via the TPT website
· we have a legal obligation.
· we have a legitimate interest.
Using the information we have
We use the information given to:
· comply with Charity Commission requirements
· maintain TPT’s marketing profile
· make grants to pilgrims
· maintain TPT’s finances
We do not share this information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Storing your information
Your information is securely stored in password protected files.
· We keep applicants’ names and contact details for three years.
· We keep the names of people who have asked us to keep them informed about TPT until they ask us to stop doing so.
· We keep donors’ details, including financial information, for three years or (in cases of regular giving) until the donation stops, whichever is the later.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
· the right to withdraw consent at any time
· the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances and
· the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Please contact us vis the TPT website if you wish to make a request.